is a quadrilateral with both pairs of opposite sides parallel. The
opposite sides of a parallelogram are equal in length and the opposite
angles are equal. The diagonals cut each other in half.
have rotational symmetry about the point of intersection of their
- Each diagonal bisects the parallelogram into two congruent triangles.
- The area of a parallelogram is twice the area of a triangle created by one of its diagonals.
- The area of a parallelogram is also equal to the magnitude of the vector cross product of two adjacent sides.
- Opposite angles of a parallelogram are equal.
- Opposite sides of a parallelogram are equal.
- The diagonals of a parallelogram bisect each other.